This is Part 1 of a two-part article describing some weird and fun things that dogs will do around the house that can amuse you.
Anyone who has had the pleasure of having a dog in their home must marvel at some of the antics they see every day. I’m giving my age away when I mention that Art Linkletter used to say “Kids say the weirdest things.” good dogs do the strangest things too.
Just think about it: when you’re watching TV and you see a dog being hugged by someone or doing something funny or even silly, you can’t help but smile. Consider the reaction of most patients to a therapy dog in a hospital. You can’t help but be emotional.
So here are some things dogs do that will annoy or amuse you. I hope you enjoy it. By the way, quotes refer to what your dog might be thinking.
- It’s Saturday morning and it’s time to sleep in, except your dog has other ideas. “It’s time to get up and take me out to pee and it’s also time to play with me and feed me…”
- “I don’t want to go out in the rain although I’m sure you I love the rain”!
- “I don’t care if it’s snowing, I don’t want my boots on”
- “Why am I constantly barking at the mailman or UPS driver? Because I want to scare him out of my house and it works because he leaves!”
- Why am I barking at 3 am? Didn’t you hear that cat meowing outside?”
- No matter how cold it gets, you can bundle up as much as you want for the snow, but your dog will still stop at “What are you cold for, Dad?”
- How often does your dog find a small hole in a chew toy or pillow and it miraculously turns into a BIG hole for the stuffing to come out and make a nice mess? “Did I do that??”
- How can a small dog have so much fur that it gets into everything?
- Isn’t it great when you put your coat on after your dog tells you he has to pee and then refuses to go outside because it’s raining?
- And don’t you just love the smell of wet dog hair when your dog finally gets out and then comes back from the rain?
- Does your dog recognize television commercials? Mine Yes. And he goes crazy when he hears the television ringing or, even worse, he sees a dog or a cat on the screen. He madly jumps up and down in front of the TV.
- At night, how often have you walked through your dark house and stepped on one of your dog’s toys or bones? This wakes him up and he starts barking, which wakes up the whole house! He tries to teach your dog to put away his toys. Is not easy!
- Why does your dog tremble after bath? “It’s more fun than waiting for a towel to dry me.”
I hope you have enjoyed these anecdotes. If you have any dog behavior that I haven’t mentioned, please let me know. You can email me with your suggestions at: [email protected] I’d love to hear from you.
By the way, look for my Part 2 of this article here: