If you’re reading this, chances are you’re a very frustrated acne sufferer (or know a loved one who does) and you’re on a critical search for how to get rid of acne naturally, without the expensive treatments. Forget all those overpriced cleansers and creams – in addition to containing alcohol and other harsh chemicals that always aggravate an acne breakout, they aren’t tailor-made for every acne sufferer.
However, all hope is not lost. Here are easy-to-prepare, all-natural concoctions you can create at home to get rid of that stubborn acne naturally and safely:
1. Lemon Juice – Lemon juice works wonders to decrease acne inflammation and treat acne without scarring. You can choose to mix rose water or aloe vera with lemon juice and apply the mixture on a clean face. Rinse with cold water after 30 minutes.
2. Honey: Honey is a powerful natural healing solution. It targets your current breakouts and permanently heals those stubborn pimples that keep popping up in the same place over and over again (not fully healed yet, hence the regular recurrence). For this natural treatment, heat the honey in the microwave for about 10 seconds, then apply it to your face. Two reminders though: (1) make sure your hands are clean and (2) don’t get very hot honey on your face. Leave the honey on for about 15 minutes, after which rinse your face with lukewarm water. For best results, seal your pores by spraying cold water on your face as a final step.
3. Egg Face Mask: You may have heard of this before, but chose to ignore it because it might seem absurd. The truth is that it really works. Crack an egg and separate the light parts from the yellow parts. Get the white liquid and apply it evenly all over your face with clean hands. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes (do not leave it on overnight, as it will cause severe dryness of the skin). Then rinse well with lukewarm water. Many acne sufferers have sworn by the very good results of this simple treatment, such as pore size reduction, acne reduction, firm skin, blackhead/whitehead removal, among others, so that this mask is highly recommended. You can get an ice cube and gently massage it all over your face after rinsing off the egg to further intensify skin tightening and pore tightening, but again, you can skip this last step as the egg mask is more than enough for our purposes.
4. Crushed Strawberry Leaves: If acne blemishes and pimples are itchy and swollen, mash up a couple of strawberry leaves and gently massage them into your skin. Strawberry leaves relieve acne swelling and bring significant results.
5. Ice Cube + Toothpaste = If you’re in a rush to shrink your huge pimples, try this quick acne fix: Rub a cloth-wrapped ice cube on the acne-prone area of your face. Do this for about 15 minutes. Finish by squeezing out a pea-sized amount of toothpaste and applying it to each swollen pimple. Leave the toothpaste on overnight and rinse it off the next morning.
Having acne doesn’t mean that chemical treatments are your only hope. With these tips on how to get rid of acne naturally, treating persistent acne doesn’t have to be stressful or complicated. Just take a look inside your fridge or cupboard, chances are you already have some of the natural ingredients to get rid of your acne.