Xbox error code 13 is an error that often appears on the original Xbox game console. It occurs due to an intrusion of any kind of software other than the original manufacturers. This error is actually the inability of the board to start. It occurs due to the lack of compatibility between the new and the old board. Many people, who are not very knowledgeable about this, will think that the only way to deal with this matter is to send the game console to Microsoft. Fortunately, this is not the only option; you can easily fix this error with ease at home.
There are certain steps that, when taken, can help you correct this error.
1. First, disconnect the Ethernet cable. You must remove any device that can connect to the Internet to your Xbox game console, as you do not need any Internet access for this procedure.
2. Then find a newer Xbox video game. All games released after the Fall 2004 season include a board update. These games may include Halo 2 and NCAA Football 2005.
3. Place the video game disc in the Xbox game console with the letters facing up, and then slide the disc drive closed.
4. Now most of the newly created games will install the board by themselves, while the other games will need manual operation for installation.
5. For those games where the board does not install automatically, go to the main menu and choose “Xbox Live”. The game will start to install the board then.
6. Finally, plug the Ethernet cable back into its socket.