If you are planning a short detox diet, you will want to make sure you eat the foods that increase your chances of success and avoid the foods that will hurt your efforts. Here is a list of the best and worst foods to eat while dieting.
Best Detox Diet Foods
- Fruit: You can eat any fruit, even fresh, frozen, dried, or canned in natural fruit juice. This includes apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruits, satsumas, sultanas, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwis, strawberries, raspberries, black currants, nectarines, peaches, and melons.
- Fruit juice: Make homemade fruit juices or smoothies with fresh fruit, or drink ready-made juices. Make sure prepared juices are labeled plain or unsweetened.
- Vegetables: Eat all vegetables, including fresh, frozen, or canned in water (no added salt). This includes carrots, onions, turnips, turnips, sprouts, cabbage, bell peppers, mushrooms, corn, bell peppers, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- Beans and lentils: Eat beans, including those that have been dried or canned in water. This includes red kidney, kidney bean, cannellini, butter, black eye, pinto, red lentils, green lentils, and brown lentils.
- Potatoes: eat all kinds
- Brown rice and rice noodles
- Rye crackers and rice cakes
- Fresh Fish: Eat any fresh fish, such as cod, mackerel, salmon, lobster, crab, trout, haddock, tuna, prawn, Dover sole, mullet, halibut, lemon sole, monkfish, and swordfish. You can eat canned salmon and tuna in water.
- Unsalted Nuts – Eat any, including Brazil, Peanuts, Almonds, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Macadamia, Walnuts, Pine Nuts, Pistachios, and Walnuts
- Unsalted seeds: Eat any, including sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Simple popcorn: eat without sugar or salt
- Live natural yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Garlic, ginger and fresh herbs
- Black pepper
- Water: Drink at least eight ounces of tap water or mineral water a day.
- Herbal or fruit infusions
Foods to Avoid During Your Detox
- Red meat, chicken, turkey, and meat products like hot dogs, hamburgers, and pate
- Milk, cheese, eggs, cream
- Butter and margarine
- Any food that contains wheat, including bread, croissants, cereals, cakes, pies, pastries, quiche, or battered and breaded foods.
- Salted walnuts
- Chocolate, caramel, jam and sugar.
- Processed foods, prepared meals, and sauces
- Coffee and tea
- Sauces, pickles, store-bought salad dressings, and mayonnaise
- Carbonated drinks, both sugary and diet
Now that you know the pros and cons of detox diet foods, you are halfway to success!